Green papaya is the unripe version of papaya and it contains a great amount of the enzyme papain. Papain serves as a digestive aid as it breaks down tough protein fibres for easier digestion. It is also used in many holistic treatments for healing.
INGREDIENTS – SERVES 1 ADULT
|1 cup||cup Cherry Tomato, chopped|
|2||Long beans, chopped|
|1||red chili, shredded|
|2 sheets||Laver, cut into long strips|
½ to 1 tsp chili padi, minced
15g agave or coconut nectar
10g rainbow enzyme
40g soy sauce
Juice of 5 limes
¼ tsp coriander powder
1. Peel green papaya and remove seeds. Grate using a food processor or mandolin. Leave
aside in a bowl.
2. Add in chopped long beans, red chili, cashews, cherry tomatoes and mung bean sprouts
to the bowl of grated green papaya.
3. Make dressing by whisking all sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
4. Stir in dressing into salad and toss evenly till well combined.
5. Serve while it’s cold for a refreshing appetizer on a hot summer day!